Error after update to 2.14.0

Does anybody at Piwik ever put these updates through a QA process? I’m glad I didn’t buy the pro version.

Yes we have extensive QA process. In fact this 2.14.0 already works fine on thousands of servers, it’s just a few dozens that have problems and we are doing our best to understand why and propose solution going forward.

The pro version also works fine, you would not have such problem with pro since the environment is even more tested and well controlled.

ui asset with ‘href’ = /homepages/27/d231218971/htdocs/eyeontaiwan.com/piwik/plugins/Morpheus/stylesheets/main.less is not readable")

The error means the file somehow is not readable by Piwik, can you check its permissions, or re-upload it?

as far as I can tell I am using binary yah. I checked settings, tried three times. Has to be a way to sllve this.

maybe try to use FileZilla software to upload your files on FTP?

Hey Matt

I have access to my entire ‘piwik’ folder from the day before this update I did that failed.
Is it possible for me to restore my entire ‘piwik’ folder from 7-8-15? And it might fix things?

Knowing I can restore from backups to my site from 7-8-15 what else would I need to restore to roll back this latest version so that this all will work again?

Bruce

Since 2.14.0, my tracking is also dead. piwik.php always returns 400 and a useless payload.

This is serious enough to merit its own topic rather than being buried under this one. More details will be in that new topic.

I manually uploaded the piwik plugins folder (the subfolder under the piwik folder. NOT the enrtire piwik wordpress folder), and all subfolders and copied the files over the files that were installed when I used the automatic update process. Now my Piwik package seems to work fine.

AMCGALL, can you explain this in a bit more exact detail for dummies lol… maybe I will give it a shot. JEES! This is a pain in the —.

Bruce

Bruce, trust me … I’m no expert either. But here are detailed instructions. You will need to know how to use a FTP file transfer program to tranasfer files from your PC to your website’s server. You will also kknow how to use a unzipping program to unpack the Piwik.zip file.

Download the latest Piwik software from the Piwik web site ( Get Piwik - Analytics Platform - Matomo ). It’s a compressed zip file.
Unzip the file onto your Windows desktop.
Open the piwik folder where you will find a subfolder named Plugins.

Using an FTP file transfer program such as Filezilla (You can download the filezillia client here: https://filezilla-project.org/ ) upload the plugins folder and it’s entire contents to the Piwik folder (NOT the Piwik folder in wp-content/plugins) on your website’s hosting server overwriting the existing files (/piwik/plugins) on the server.

That should do it.

AMCGALL

That url you pointed to with the Filezilla client is a massive threat if downloaded and installed, tries to install at least 10-15 programs automatically in your PC, please remove the link.

The link I posted to Filezilla is totally accurate. To my knowledge and that of many many other users of that site, is that is a safe site. This is also tested safe by my Norton360 and Malwarebytes software.

Matt do we have any solution yet? At all?

AMCGALL

I replaced all plugins as you mentioned, things seem to open and run fine, no error messages in any part of dashboard, but no tracking and no hits at all.

Matt, I assume that is because no history was recorded during the time your Piwik app was down. Try checking for the entire month-to-date. You should then see activity. Mine is still working fine today. About 17 hours after I fixed it.

Hi,

I have disabled the plugin ExampleUI and now I get this message more than 20x:

WARNING: /www/htdocs/w00d6ce5/piwik/core/Theme.php(140): Warning - file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(plugins/ExampleTheme/images/sort_subtable_desc_light.png) is not within the allowed path(s): (/www/htdocs/w00d6ce5/:/tmp:/usr/bin:/www/htdocs/…:/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/share/php:/dev/urandom) - Piwik 2.14.0 - Please report this message in the Piwik forums: http://forum.piwik.org (please do a search first as it might have been reported already)

What can i do to have my daily accounting back?

Thanks for help
Mustermann

My tracking is down for days, amazes me that it seems no-one gives a — about it, is there a solution for this yet?

Bruce,

Are you sure you didn’t replace the entire Piwik plugin in the wordpress wp-content folder? I’M not an expert but doing so I think would overwrite all of your Piwik configurations. That might be one reason you’re not getting any data. You should have replaced the plugins subfolder under the /piwik folder. NOT the piwik plugins folder at wp-content/plugins.

Other than that I don’t know what to tell you. Others on this forum who are experts my have some suggestions. I would guess that ultimately, you could remove Piwik completely and reinstall it frfom scratch. Just my non-expert advice.

Hi,

since many years I have a directory …/piwik/ and all piwik source is in this folder. All worked with 2.13.0 and before. After update 2.14.0 no visitors are in the log.

Now I get this messages:

WARNING: /www/htdocs/…/piwik/plugins/DevicesDetection/Visitor.php(89): Notice - Undefined index: config_browser_name - Piwik 2.14.0 - Please report this message in the Piwik forums: http://forum.piwik.org (please do a search first as it might have been reported already)

The PHP Version 5.4.42-nmm1 is on the server.

What shall I do to get accounting?

Thanks for help
Mustermann

amcgall

NO I did not replace it with wordpress content, I replaced the Piwik plugins folder only. :slight_smile:

Musterman,

I had a similar error after upgrading. What I did was to download the 2.14.0 source files from the Piwik web site. Then I uploaded the subfolder and it’s contents to the web server (/piwik/) NOT the wp-contents/plugin folder. I’m not an expert. I just tell you what I did and that it worked for me.

amcgall,

I have uploaded it from the Piwik website and uploaded it in the piwik subfolder as at every upload since many years!

WARNING: …/piwik/plugins/DevicesDetection/Visitor.php(89): Notice - Undefined index: config_browser_name - Piwik 2.14.0 - Please report this message in the Piwik forums: [forum.piwik.org] (please do a search first as it might have been reported already)

There is an other problem in the software 2.14.0.

Mustermann,

Not sure what to tell you about this one. As a last resort you could remove Piwik completely and then reinstall it?

Ultimately another option after deleting the piwik folder would be to remove all of the fields in the Piwik database. Not just empty the fields but delete the fields. That way the Piwik automatic instal can recreate them. Of course you will lose all of your data with this option.

Following workaround here: 301 Moved Permanently
should fix the problem (make sure to use proper table prefix, etc.)