Empty view in Matomo

After the update to Matomo 4.9 it appears in an almost complete empty view in Firefox, Chromium and Safari. Only the mobile version is still normally working.

I have already tried to set

zlib.output_compression

on and off, as was mentioned here:

I also have set the PHP version of my Piwik domain up to 8.1, then back to 7.4 and again up to 8.1.

I also repeated the update to Matomo 4.9 manually.

All these steps didn’t help.

What else can I do?

1 Like

Can you provide the HTTP console and JavaScript console of your browser?

Could you please explain more in detail, how I can do that?

Just press F12, and check the content of tabs Console and Network

The network console shows many “uncought errors”:

Uncaught TypeError: translation.replaceAll is not a function
Uncaught Error: [$injector:nomod] http://errors.angularjs.org/1.8.2/$injector/nomod?p0=piwikApp.service
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'FocusAnywhereButHere' of undefined
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'MatomoDialog' of undefined
Uncaught Error: [$injector:modulerr]

The JavaScript console seems to look much better:

The network console is filtered (on JS files)
Please re-do a screenshot without any filter…

Can I send you a PM?

Do you have help form the server administrator? This could help a lot…

See https://github.com/matomo-org/matomo/issues/19109 for information.

Matomo 4.9.0 uses replaceAll which is only supported by reasonably modern browsers:

If your browser is older than the green versions displayed there, please update to a newer browser (as you don’t recieve any security updates anymore)

1 Like

This is the solution: On a modern computer with a modern browser, my Matomo view is intact.

Thank you for your support!

After the upgrade to Matomo 4.9.1, my Matomo view became also intact again on older computers and slightly older browser versions of Chrome and Safari.

1 Like

@Weissseit,

Correct, the functionality was restored in 4.9.1

But keep in mind that these browsers are not really slightly older, but have not received any updates since at least the middle of 2020 meaning that they have a huge list of unfixed and well known security vulnerabilities and should therefore no longer be used to connect to the internet.

2 Likes

So I will have to find a solution für my Linux Chromium browser. I am optimistic for that.

On my good old Apple Ipad I am using the latest available software. As much as I remember it was upgraded only some weeks ago. Normally I would think that Safari as part of that software should also be up to date.