"Empty reply from server" WP sites losing connection to Piwik

I purchased a new cpanel from GoDaddy, setup Piwik, later added an SSL cert but from the beginning I can add the plugin to a WordPress site, connect, enable tracking but after a few days no stats.

I go back to the WP site and the plugin says: WP-Piwik 1.0.6 was not able to connect to Piwik using your configuration. During connection the following error occured:
Empty reply from server

I’ve attempted loading in the header/footer, we’ve added a couple dozen sites and only 2-3 work but I’m unable to see any difference.

The only errors in the configuration check are the NFS file system and GEO .

I had a similar problem on a shared cpanel adding Piwik to the sub folder, so I purchased a dedicated cpanel for only Piwik stats.

There are a few errors on the log and I tried to search for a fix but couldn’t find any:
`
[09-Feb-2016 14:59:02 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘The configuration file {/home/fake-domain/public_html/config/config.ini.php} has not been found or could not be read.’ in /home/fake-domain/public_html/core/Application/Kernel/EnvironmentValidator.php:63
Stack trace: #0 /home/fake-domain/public_html/core/Application/Kernel/EnvironmentValidator.php(44): Piwik\Application\Kernel\EnvironmentValidator->checkConfigFileExists(’/home/cyberwpho…’, false) #1 /home/fake-domain/public_html/core/Application/Environment.php(185): Piwik\Application\Kernel\EnvironmentValidator->validate() #2 /home/fake-domain/public_html/core/Application/Environment.php(94): Piwik\Application\Environment->validateEnvironment() #3 /home/fake-domain/public_html/piwik.php(56): Piwik\Application\Environment->init() #4 {main}
thrown in /home/fake-domain/public_html/core/Application/Kernel/EnvironmentValidator.php on line 63
[09-Feb-2016 15:50:44 UTC] Error in Piwik: An unexpected website was found in the request: website id was set to ‘1’ .
[21-Feb-2016 19:18:54 UTC] Error in Piwik (tracker): An unexpected website was found in the request: website id was set to ‘57’ .
[22-Feb-2016 02:09:39 UTC] Error in Piwik (tracker): An unexpected website was found in the request: website id was set to ‘54’ .
[22-Feb-2016 02:09:40 UTC] Error in Piwik (tracker): An unexpected website was found in the request: website id was set to ‘54’ .
[23-Feb-2016 12:29:37 UTC] Error in Piwik: Cannot connect to the database: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/tmp/mysql.sock’ (2) This may be a temporary issue, try refreshing the page. If the problem persists please contact your Piwik administrator.
[23-Feb-2016 12:29:43 UTC] Error in Piwik: Cannot connect to the database: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/tmp/mysql.sock’ (2) This may be a temporary issue, try refreshing the page. If the problem persists please contact your Piwik administrator.
[23-Feb-2016 12:29:44 UTC] Error in Piwik: Cannot connect to the database: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/tmp/mysql.sock’ (2) This may be a temporary issue, try refreshing the page. If the problem persists please contact your Piwik administrator.
[24-Feb-2016 12:40:23 UTC] Error in Piwik (tracker): An unexpected website was found in the request: website id was set to ‘39’ .
[24-Feb-2016 12:40:23 UTC] Error in Piwik (tracker): An unexpected website was found in the request: website id was set to ‘39’ .
[24-Feb-2016 12:40:24 UTC] Error in Piwik (tracker): An unexpected website was found in the request: website id was set to ‘39’ .
[24-Feb-2016 12:40:24 UTC] Error in Piwik (tracker): An unexpected website was found in the request: website id was set to ‘39’ .
[25-Feb-2016 04:08:23 UTC] Error in Piwik (tracker): An unexpected website was found in the request: website id was set to ‘54’ .
[25-Feb-2016 04:08:24 UTC] Error in Piwik (tracker): An unexpected website was found in the request: website id was set to ‘54’ .
[25-Feb-2016 08:32:11 UTC] Error in Piwik (tracker): An unexpected website was found in the request: website id was set to ‘54’ .
[25-Feb-2016 08:32:12 UTC] Error in Piwik (tracker): An unexpected website was found in the request: website id was set to ‘54’ .
[25-Feb-2016 20:35:11 UTC] Error in Piwik: Cannot connect to the database: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/tmp/mysql.sock’ (2) This may be a temporary issue, try refreshing the page. If the problem persists please contact your Piwik administrator.’

Not sure where to start, thanks for any guidance!

Is your Piwik instance fully working? I can see there many different errors. It looks like Piwik is not able to connect to the database. After confirming that there are no issues with Piwik itself, we can proceed with troubleshooting the tracking codes.

Yes pie ok is running only 3-4 sites maintain connection… I was trying curl or Fopen but couldn’t validate if the problem is server or client