Empty or invalid response 'PHP Notice: Undefined index: class when archiving

Hello There i am using Matomo version 3.13.4 with PHP 7.2 and everytime i start the archive job console core:archive i get the message

WARNING [2020-04-14 15:05:48] 26490  /srv/www/matomo/core/Common.php(297): Notice - unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 5143 bytes - Matomo 3.13.4 - Please report this message in the Matomo forums: https://forum.matomo.org (please do a search first as it might have been reported already)
ERROR [2020-04-14 15:05:48] 26490  Empty or invalid response 'PHP Notice:  Undefined index: class in /srv/www/matomo/plugins/Monolog/Formatter/LineMessageFormatter.php on line 87 PHP Notice:  Undefined index: type in /srv/www/matomo/plugins/Monolog/Formatter/LineMessageFormatter.php on line 87 PHP Notice:  Undefined index: class in /srv/www/matomo/plugins/Monolog/Formatter/LineMessageFormatter.php on line 87 PHP Notice:  Undefined index: type in /srv/www/matomo/plugins/Monolog/Formatter/LineMessageFormatter.php on line 87

Things i tried

Clearing Cache
Checked Config files and updated them to new Versions
Went through ISSUE 14229
Applied Patch from there Patch

But all of that didnt fixed the Problem.

OS is rhel 7.8
If there is more information needed please don’t hesitate to ask

BR.

Hi,

This is fascinating. It seems like there is some error occurring during archving and when printing the error message a second error occurs (Undefined index: class).

You could try to replace this line with

$levelTrace = '';

so that the first error message is displayed properly.

Hey there,

Thanks for the response the process went now through only with ah few warnings.

/srv/www/matomo/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(444): Warning - include(/srv/www/matomo/vendor/composer/../../plugins/ExamplePlugin/Archiver.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory - Matomo 3.13.4 - Please report this message in the Matomo forums: https://forum.matomo.org (please do a search first as it might have been reported already)
WARNING [2020-04-15 05:25:46] 11460  /srv/www/matomo/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(444): Warning - include(): Failed opening '/srv/www/matomo/vendor/composer/../../plugins/ExamplePlugin/Archiver.php' for inclusion (include_path='/srv/www/matomo/vendor/pear/pear_exception:/srv/www/matomo/vendor/pear/console_getopt:/srv/www/matomo/vendor/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/srv/www/matomo/vendor/pear/archive_tar:.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') - Matomo 3.13.4 - Please report this message in the Matomo forums: https://forum.matomo.org (please do a search first as it might have been reported already)

Any Idea whtat that could be?

BR.

Hi,

This is really weird.
Can you check the integrity checker to see if there are files remaining that should not be there? And can you check the plugin list if ExamplePlugin is there and enabled? It should be deleted since a few Matomo releases, but it seems like archiving tries to read a file from this plugin and fails.

1 Like

Hey there thanks for the answer,
I disabled the Plugin and now there are no warnings etc.
Everything works now fluently.

Is this an issue wich can affect more people or do you think this issue is uniqe?
If you would like me to i can send you more logfiles for investigation.

:UPDATE --> I now went back to the original configuration in the linemessageformatter and the process of archiving went through without any errors

Eurgh, I came across this post because I use configuration management to manage this file and so ExampleAPI and ExamplePlugin were still in the settings files. Removing these led to the issues reported here disappearing.