Embedding a static image of a graph, instead of the interactive graph. Is that possible?

Hi all,

I am looking for something I’m not sure is available in Piwik right now. But before I head to the ‘Feature Suggestions’-subforum, I thought I’d ask here first. Maybe there are other ways to accomplish what I want.

What I want is to display a graph on a public website. This graph for instance:
Widgets > Visit Summary > Visits over time.

But… I do not want to set Piwik to ‘allow anonymous’ for just one graph. And of course I don’t want to place the ‘&token_auth=’ on a public website. But I do want to be able to show this one specific graph.

So that’s why I thought… A static (JPG) image of the graph. One that gets renewed as it is requested, and is placed in an ‘always open for everyone’-folder.

Good idea? Not a good idea? Possible? Impossible? Suggestions on how to achieve the above by other means?

Thx!

Hi,

There’s an api for getting the image:

http://developer.piwik.org/api-reference/reporting-api-metadata#toc-static-image-graphs

If you have a small script doing a wget serverside to update the image. Add &token_auth=YOUR_TOKEN to the request.

As tovare pointed out, it’s possible, see: Metadata: API Reference - Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik Analytics) - Developer Docs - v3