I am kind of lost with my mission ahead and would really appreciate some help.
I study marketing and right now I am writing my master thesis about consumers’ reaction to online advertisement. In addition, I have a website generating revenue with display ads. Unfortunately so far I only used Google Analytics and have difficulties setting up piwik the way I want to… do you dare to help a desperate student?
The aim of my paper is to analyze and compare the variation in consumers engagement to display advertising based on browsing behavior and device used.
In order to do so, I want to track the impressions and clicks of the banners placed on the website. The question is: How can I implement such tracking with piwik?
To be more concrete, the data I am looking on an individual session level is:
- Device (mobile/ desktop)
- Visit Time
- Number of Session Page Views
- Total Number of Visits
- Time since Last Visit
[b]- Number of Banner XYZ Exposure in Session
- Number ob Banner XYZ clicks in Session
- Total Number of XYZ Banner Exposures
- Total Number ob Banner XYZ clicks in Session[/b]
- Time of Day
- Source of traffic (organic / direct / social)
- Total visit time (all sessions if returning visitor)
- Total number of page views (all sessions if returning visitor)
- Average visit time
- Average time between site visits
- Standard deviation of the time between site visits
Well that’s challenge number one… once I gathered that data over 3-4-weeks I need to export it from the database in a format I can use in SPSS (statistic program) in order to analyze it. Here I am tot sure either how this will work. Are there standard sql queries available for exporting the data the way I need it?
Sorry if these questions are kind of lame, the raw technical site is just not really my strength…
I am grateful for every hint or comment that can steer me in the right direction.