Ecommerce Question

Hi everyone. I want to delete Google Analytics because it doesn’t pick up my website orders. It always says 0 for orders when there are orders every day. But I’m really concerned about abandoned carts. I was reading the ecommerce section of Piwik, but I’m a little confused. My cart is on another site. When customers click the buy button, they are taken to a secure server on the site that the shopping cart is on. Will I still be able to tell if the cart was abandoned? That’s the main thing I’m looking for in analytics. Thank you!

“they are taken to a secure server on the site that the shopping cart is on.”

Can you clearly explain what is happening and how your site is setup?

When the customer clicks the buy button, they are taken to Mals ecommerce, which is where the cart contents show up. The customer then either clicks the link that says to shop more, or to check out. After they check out, they are taken to my thank you page. If I can’t tell if the cart was abandoned, then I can still get somewhat of an idea by taking the number of buy button clicks and comparing them to the day’s sales. It’s not accurate, but it’s better than nothing. Right now I have nothing because Google Analytics doesn’t show anything for sales and it doesn’t show anything for clicks on the buy button. Thank you for taking the time to help me. I appreciate it.

If the person is taken to a different website and you have no way of adding the JS tag in their website then it will be impossible to track what happens there unfortunately.

But I can still see how many people clicked on the buy button, right? The buy button is on my site. I’ll take that if I have to. It’s better than what I have now which is nothing.

just brainstorming…

what if you passthru some vars to the thank you page? can you use that page to signal a successful transaction?

alternately, could an end-of-day cron job be used to sweep through carts where the user didn’t hit the thank you page, and mark those as abandoned?

[quote=vipsoft]
just brainstorming…

alternately, could an end-of-day cron job be used to sweep through carts where the user didn’t hit the thank you page, and mark those as abandoned?[/quote]

Can you do that when the cart is at another site? Thank you for helping me.