Ecommerce plugin issue after to 2.11.0 from 2.11.0-b4

(piwikeval) #1

Hello, I was running 2.11.0-b4 and noticed that 2.11.0 was “officially” released.

After upgrade now receive this:

Plugin Ecommerce has defined the method getInformation() and as well as having a plugin.json file. Please delete the getInformation() method from the plugin class. Alternatively, you may delete the plugin directory from plugins/Ecommerce

Any recommendations? (BTW removing plugin.json does not help. Removing Ecommerce plugin directory causes more issues)

Thanks in advance

Edit:

1. BTW, in most cases, this prevents you from doing anything else; even doing a Login to the system
  2. It prevents you from accessing the Administartion menu
  3. I used the “3 Step Manual Upgrade” to perform this upgrade

(Matthieu Aubry) #2

Hi there,

To fix this issue delete the file plugins/Ecommerce/Ecommerce.php

it should have been deleted during the upgrade automatically but maybe that didn’t work for you

(piwikeval) #3

Thanks Matt!

I am testing that change right now; I have to do it on a few servers as this is a replicated setup.

I really like what you are doing with this product. I just look forward to the upgrade process being more seamless and consistent.

It seems that each upgrade brings a new issue with the upgrade process itself. And it is not pleasant if like me you have a replicated setup involving multiple servers.

In any case thank you again and please don’t hesitate to contact me for some additional testing especially if you have questions/doubts about the impact on a replicated setup (i.e., Multi-Master MySQL Replication of Piwik, or Piwik and Drupal).

Thanks

(Matthieu Aubry) #4

if you have multiple servers then to deploy piwik you should first delete all files, then clean upload piwik files, then reupload the config/config.ini.php

we cannot make this work smoothly for your setup unless you do this