Duplicate tags or triggers

Hello Matomo team,

It would be great to be able to duplicate an existing tag or trigger when we need to create another one with very small changes from the existing one.

Thanks for your great job !

5 Likes

I would even like to see the ability to copy whole containers with defaults for tags and triggers. This way, new sites could easily be added.

4 Likes

Any response on this feature? Doesn’t seem too complicated, but would be extremly usefull!

2 Likes

For this, there is a solution:

1. Create a template measurable (site) in Matomo
  2. Create the container version in MTM with all your variables, triggers and tags. And create a version of this in order to ease the management
  3. Export the version of the container:
  4. On the MTM versions of the other measurable:

Note that to create the base of your template from an existing container, instead of step 2, you can proceed steps 3 and 4 (from the one you like to the template)

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips to copy the whole container for a new website.
However, I still think that the copying feature for a tag or a trigger should be a very usefull feature.
I am surprised that it wasn’t developed in a year and a half.Hope it can be added!

So any updates on this?
Currently I’m duplicating all the pageview event tags due to a bad choice of cookie consent solution that has an “accept specific category of cookies”-event and also an “accept all cookies”-event that are different so for a pageview I need to trigger on both those events. Making the duplicates by hand filling in all the rules for each is really annoying.

There is a ticket to follow about this specific subject: