Drill down reports

I’m sure anyone using Piwik and suggesting his features here, probably feels that it’s the mostly missing feature. I’m no different, but one thing to my merits is that Piwik is “web analytics” (quote piwik slogen) solution.

and as such, I would like to be able to actually analyze my data. hooks, plugins, ui - it’s all great, but is secondary to being able to analyze the data.
an illustration of my pain point is when I see reports about traffic evolution, and then I’d like to see that evolution filtered to only search engines and maybe then filtered only to bing etc’.
if there’s no way to drill down and slice the data, and still get the same reports the system originally offered, than in my POV, the analytics part of the system is not ready yet for production.

and don’t get me wrong, I’m a fan of piwik, and I’ve watched it grow with much joy, but I cannot consider piwik to be a serious analytics solution to date.

best,
nimrod cohen

Sounds like segmentation. It’s on the todo list…

I second this. analyzing options are totally lacking :frowning: the tracking is great but without analyzing options its pretty much worthless.

[quote=daberelay @ Aug 8 2010, 10:57 PM]I’m sure anyone using Piwik and suggesting his features here, probably feels that it’s the mostly missing feature. I’m no different, but one thing to my merits is that Piwik is “web analytics” (quote piwik slogen) solution.

and as such, I would like to be able to actually analyze my data. hooks, plugins, ui - it’s all great, but is secondary to being able to analyze the data.
an illustration of my pain point is when I see reports about traffic evolution, and then I’d like to see that evolution filtered to only search engines and maybe then filtered only to bing etc’.
if there’s no way to drill down and slice the data, and still get the same reports the system originally offered, than in my POV, the analytics part of the system is not ready yet for production.

and don’t get me wrong, I’m a fan of piwik, and I’ve watched it grow with much joy, but I cannot consider piwik to be a serious analytics solution to date.

best,
nimrod cohen[/quote]