Does Matomo have opportunity use multiple views as in Google Analytics for one page?q

Hi,

We are now starting to use Matomo on our site.

Currently we use GA, where we have more than 10 different views for different purposes, like raw data, internal traffic, bot traffic, sub-domain X, etc.

How to do this in Matomo? Do we create new website for each view or there easier way? Can i copy site settings for new site?

Kindly advise.

-Antti

Hi,

I don’t know Google Analytics, so I am not entirely sure what you want.

But I think you might want to take a look at Matomo Segments:
https://matomo.org/docs/segmentation/

They allow you to view all Reports in Matomo filtered by arbitrary filters (e.g. view most visited pages by Austrian Firefox users).

1 Like

Hi @Antti_Ellonen,

I’m working this out for myself, so not 100%, but I think you will have to create a new website for each view to do what you want.

@Lukas is right that segments are worth looking at. However, from what I can gather Matomo segments work the same as GA segements so they filter on the user level not the page level. And Matomo websites work the same as GA views.

Let’s take your subdomain as an example.

If I’m right, segmenting by your subdomain will segment the user data based on any session that has visited the subdomain. Not segmenting the subdomain itself.

This means your “subdomain segment” will still include pages from your root (or any other subdomain), if a user visited the subdomain and root in the same session. Because the filter is looking at the user not the page.

Where as I think you want to only show pages from the subdomain. At least that’s what I’m wanting to do.

Hope this makes some sort of sense?

I know your post was quite a while ago, so have you got any further with it?