Documentation clarification

This is the ongoing / further question(s) to this track here:Documentation clarification

I hope someone can help me in the following:

So, this means that those classes:

piwik_download
piwik_link
piwik_ignore

are automatically recognized by piwik?

And ONLY in the case if the user wants to have ADDITIONALLY classes he has to define his own (which can override the standard like ‘piwik_link’ [see below])?

For example:

piwikTracker.setIgnoreClasses( [“no-tracking”] );

where ‘no-tracking’ is also known by piwik?
But as it said ‘classes’ i could add my own classes like:

piwikTracker.setIgnoreClasses( [“no-tracking”,“not-this-link”,“ignore-this”] );

Otherhwise it should be: piwikTracker.setIgnoreClass(["…"]); (only a single (1) definition)

Am i right?

Or - when i go further with the documentation, it says:

setLinkClass( string ) - Set outlink class name (i.e., override default: piwik_link)
or:
Note: you can customize and rename the CSS class used to force a click to being recorded as an outlink:

piwikTracker.setLinkClass( “external” );

this will replace the standard ‘piwik_link’?

Same here: setDownloadClass( string ) - Set download class name (i.e., override default: piwik_download)

Thanks for helping me.

[quote=mic @ Jun 13 2009, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]

This is the ongoing / further question(s) to this track here:[url=http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/796]Documentation clarification

I hope someone can help me in the following:

So, this means that those classes:

piwik_download
piwik_link
piwik_ignore

are automatically recognized by piwik?

Yes.

And ONLY in the case if the user wants to have ADDITIONALLY classes he has to define his own (which can override the standard like ‘piwik_link’ [see below])?

No, it is in addition to.

For example:

piwikTracker.setIgnoreClasses( [“no-tracking”] );

where ‘no-tracking’ is also known by piwik?
But as it said ‘classes’ i could add my own classes like:

piwikTracker.setIgnoreClasses( [“no-tracking”,“not-this-link”,“ignore-this”] );

Otherhwise it should be: piwikTracker.setIgnoreClass([“…”]); (only a single (1) definition]Or - when i go further with the documentation, it says:

setLinkClass( string ) - Set outlink class name (i.e., override default: piwik_link)
or:
Note: you can customize and rename the CSS class used to force a click to being recorded as an outlink:

piwikTracker.setLinkClass( “external” );

Same here: setDownloadClass( string ) - Set download class name (i.e., override default: piwik_download)

Thanks for helping me[/quote]
Yes.

First thanks for this help.
But one left.

Once you say ’ … in addition …’, but then you agree when i say that it will be REPLACED (and as it is in the documentation):

[quote=vipsoft @ Jun 14 2009, 02:52 AM]piwikTracker.setLinkClass( “external” );

Same here: setDownloadClass( string ) - Set download class name (i.e., override default: piwik_download)[/quote]
So, when i take ‘piwik_link’: can i define additonal (css) classes OR will this be overridden when i define my own with piwikTracker.setLinkClass( “here_the_class_name” );

Thank you again.

Sorry, I was posting from my iPhone and was perhaps a little too terse.

This is an inconsistency in the API.

setIgnoreClasses() is in addition to.
setDownloadClass() and setLinkClass() are overrides/replacements.

[quote=vipsoft @ Jun 14 2009, 06:27 PM]Sorry, I was posting from my iPhone and was perhaps a little too terse.

This is an inconsistency in the API.

setIgnoreClasses() is in addition to.
setDownloadClass() and setLinkClass() are overrides/replacements.[/quote]

I created a ticket to resolve this small issue: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/816