Display not updating

My piwik installation seems to stop displaying new hits after a few hours.

I can tell that it is still recording the hits, because if I switch from day to week view, a greater number of hits displays, reflecting the additional time that has passed. This works for an hour or two, then it stops updating again and I have to switch to month view to see the new hits. Then year. Then, there’s nothing left I can do.

All of this is on the same day, in the middle of the week, in the middle of the month, so it’s not an issue of day/week/month boundaries.

Refreshing the page doesn’t cause anything to improve. Nor does using a different browser/PC.

Given the absence of a decade/century view option, how can I get it to show new hits? Or is it a one-shot deal? View stats for a few hours then erase and re-install piwik to see any further updates?

Okay, it’s the next day and still none of the stats have changed. Is there something special I have to do in order to get the stats displays to update? The FAQ doesn’t seem to mention anything. Anyone? Thanks.

enable_browser_archiving_triggering = 1

That’s how it’s set in global.ini.php (and how it has been set since the beginning). Are there any other relevant settings that could be stopping piwik from functioning in any useful way?

mysql> select count(*) from log_visit;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|     1044 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Yet the month view reports 624 visits, just like it did yesterday. It is the 24th day of the month and the program has only been running since the 23rd. Where are the other 420 visits?

mysql> select visit_last_action_time from log_visit order by visit_last_action_time desc limit 1;
+------------------------+
| visit_last_action_time |
| 2009-06-24 19:08:00    |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select now();
+---------------------+
| now()               |
+---------------------+
| 2009-06-24 19:12:02 |
+---------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

The “Visits per server time” graph has bars only for 7 hours out of 24. It stops 15 hours ago, even though there were hits just minutes ago.
[attachment=59:piwiksucks.png]

Check that your php.ini has set the timezone correctly.