DIfferentiate between Chrome and Chromium

Since they are not the identical browser I find it would be very useful information to have a differentiated analyses of the users browser.

Are there any plans to include this? Currently chromium appears in the statistics as Chrome - which is wrong.

They have the same User Agent. If you want to differentiate between them, contact the Chromium and Google devs to change it.

I would, but I don’t know enough about the details. If you could briefly explain, what you’d need for that, I’d be happy to open a ticket for them.

For example, this is the User-Agent header that Chrome and Chromium both send to identify itself to web servers:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.16 Safari/534.24

There’s no Chromium specific string there.

Good luck.

I opened an issue. Let’s see how this turns out. I’ll keep you updated. Wonder how they will react. Maybe they have some form of commitment towards google that prohibits this differentiation? Google of course has an interest to push chrome to it’s largest extent.

This can be closed. As expected. Money wins. :wink:

“I don’t think we’ll do this. Chrome and Chromium are basically the same thing except for a few minor differences, which don’t affect the web platform.”