Difference between "Total Order Value" and "Total overall Revenue"

Hi,

we are trying to correctly interpret the data Matomo shows us :slight_smile:

Can anyone tell what’s the difference between the metrics “Total Order Value” and “Total overall Revenue”? I selected them vor a custom report and cannot find any helpful documentation. The glossary (https://glossary.matomo.org/) says it’s kind of the same - but the data shows different :confused:

Total Overall Revenue

The total number (sum) of Overall revenue
sum_goals_revenue (API)

Total Overall Revenue

The total number (sum) of Overall revenue
sum_goals_revenue (API)

We are using a Shopware 6 with an ecommerce plugin.

In our report we see the following metrics:

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

Lisa

Hi! Total Order Value typically focuses on the sum of values related explicitly to orders, such as the total value of products ordered. On the other hand, Total Overall Revenue encompasses a broader scope, considering the overall revenue generated, which may include revenue from sources beyond direct product orders, like additional services or fees. In your specific case, with Shopware 6 and an ecommerce plugin, it’s essential to understand the context of your data and the specific components contributing to these metrics for a precise interpretation.

Hi :slight_smile: thanks for your help!

I also sent an e-mail to the matomo support, they answered back:

The metrics of “Total Order Value” and “Total overall Revenue” do appear similar but there are some differences.

“Total overall Revenue” would calculate tax, shipping, discount, etc but this would not be included in the “Total Order Value”.

“Total overall Revenue” would also include any revenue that has been specified for a goal when triggered.

Therefore, my question is answered :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

Lisa

1 Like