Delete visitor

In the detailed visitor log, I sometimes find that I have browsed my owm website from a different PC where I didn’t have the opt-out cookie set.

I would like to delete single visits in case I recognize it was myself.

(Oliver Lippert) #2

I would like to appreciate this feature too.

me too

yes, me too. can we not manage individual visitor log entries?

(melissa opongco) #5

can anyone help us with this?

I introduce my new Dramaholics article to my friends. Great thing they like and starting discussing about it on their blog page.

(Matthieu Aubry) #6

Thanks for the suggestion. I suggest you create a ticket for this feature or post a comment in: Visitor Log list of ideas and improvements · Issue #1839 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

which is the ticket that contains all feature requests for visitor log

Hi guys,

is there a ticket for this feature yet?

I also would like to have the option to delete specific visitors from the log

(Matthieu Aubry) #8

Please create a ticket. I also think this feature would make sense!

Hi guys,

I created a ticket:

(Bruce) #10

Other delete record options exist on similar visitor tracking platforms and obviously I also asked about it, so let it be done if possible boys and girls.

I also think this feature would make sense!

I’d love to be able to delete visitor records.

On my MacBook Pro I reset the Safari browser forgetting that this removes the Piwik “ignore” cookie. Then I was checking the website quite a lot with it while making changes to the design. Of course all those visits are now recorded by Piwik.

I understand that the Piwik developers are a busy lot and I can’t see any obvious way for them to get an income from Piwik. However this would be a very useful addition.

Hi guys,

when will this feature finally be available? It feels like I am waiting for it since years already… :slight_smile:

I’d even be willing to donate a Fivrr for it… :slight_smile:

Come on!! It shouldn’t be too hard to implement…

(Matthieu Aubry) #14

Probably never, unless a user sponsors it

So how much would this feature cost to implement? Do you guys have some kind of crowd funding option?

This would be the most useful feature I could think of! Whenever I test my page via webpagetest.org etc. it gets recorded and it is a pain to remove manually. Would be nice if I could just click on the visitor and select “delete”…

+plus one!

By the way: I did not contact piwik.pro with this because I don’t want to be the only sponser. But like I said: I would be willing to pay a few bucks for this one and it looks like I am not the only one. So @matt maybe you can open a crowd funding for this one?

Come on Piwik folks this feature is long over due! What do we need to do get it implemented???

Maybe it is difficult to implement? That is the only reason I can think of because why introduce so many other new features/details that are much less important than this one? I like the new design etc. but I would prefer this feature instead - good to see that I am not the only one.

(Bruce) #21

I would love to see this as well!