Database size problem: Better delete reports or logs? Possible to change method?

Hi,
I currently schedule automatic deletion of old reports (>12 months). Still I ran into database size problems (almost reaching 1 GB, access is now denied, have to restore somehow). If I understand correctly, I can delete either logs or reports, but should not delete both if I want to be able to restore continuous reporting of the basic development.

1. Would it make more sense regarding the database size to keep the logs and delete the reports? Which method usually leads to better results? (I run a few sites with a few hundred visitors per day, rather small I would say.)
  2. Is it possible to change the method from deleting reports to deleting logs (if that brings better savings) without losing essential data? I don’t mind losing data about parameters, if I keep the development of visitors and page views.

Thanks!

Hi,

There might be a bug in the current Matomo version that causes reports to be duplicated in the database and therefore taking up a lot of space:

Maybe check back in a few days to see if there is a solution that helps your use case.

1 Like

Thank you for your fast response. I’ll do that.