we are using the custom report plugin to report specific KPI to our internal stakeholders and customers.
After creating new reports in the beginning of december, I realized that the numbers for the weekly, monthly and yearly periods are not summed up correctly. I checked the numbers for each day and summed them up by hand, comparing the result to the reported weekly, monthly, yearly data archived by matomo. I found that it was not the same, even though it should be.
For the mentioned reports, I only used the metric “Hits”.
A few examples:
- Creation Date 1.12.2022
- Weekly data from 28.11.-4.12: Data for the 28.11. and the 29.11. is missing
- Monthly data for november 2022: Only the data of the 30.11. is used, the rest is missing
- Yearly data 2022: Only data for the 30.11. and all days in dec (so far) are summed up, the rest (1.1. until 29.11.) is missing
- Creation date: 7.12.2022
- Weekly data from 5.12.-11.12: Data for the 5.12. is missing
- Monthly data for december 2022: Only the data until the 5.12. is used, the rest is missing
- Yearly data 2022: Only data for 1.12. until 5.12., the rest (1.1. until 30.11. is missing)
- Creation date: 14.01.2022
- Weekly data from 10.1.-16.1: Data missing for 10.-12.1.
- Monthly data for January: Data from 1.1.-12.1. missing
- Yearly data 2022: Data from 1.1.-12.1. missing
Here’s a little info from our configuration that might be related:
custom_reports_always_show_unique_visitors 0 custom_reports_disabled_dimensions '' custom_reports_max_execution_time 0 custom_reports_periods_force_aggregate_report_unique_metrics_evolution '' custom_reports_validate_report_content_all_websites 1 datatable_archiving_maximum_rows_custom_reports 10000 datatable_archiving_maximum_rows_subtable_custom_reports 5000 rearchive_reports_in_past_last_n_months 12
I’m not a programmer or a technical person, but from what I found it seems as if the archiving processes for week, month, year are not waiting for the day data to be fully processed. This results in not summing up all day data but only the one that’s archived by then?
I’d appreciate any help or ideas how to solve this!