Dashboard for a specific website ignored

Hello,

I use Piwik for managing a few websites. Recently I’ve noticed that Dashboard link doesn’t lead me to a website I chose to display by default.

Steps to reproduce:

[ol]
[li] Click $login -> Settings
[/li][li] Click Manage -> User settings
[/li][li] Select some your website which has idSite != 1 in Report to load by default: Dashboard for a specific website
[/li][li] Click Save button
[/li][li] Click Dashboard in an upper right menu
[/li][/ol]

This should lead you to your first website which has idSite = 1. IMHO it’s a bug, not a feature :slight_smile:

Details:

[ul]
[li] Piwik 2.4.0-b3
[/li][/ul]

Thanks for the report. This is a tricky one. We just talked about it here, and it’s almost half-feature / half-bug and hard to know which way is better. IN the end we will it as is (it keeps the previously selected website).

To go back to your website “Load by default” you can click on the Logo on top left

Thanks for your explanation! I still believe it’s a confusing behaviour.

Yes, I’ve found that way :slight_smile:

And I can’t confirm that it keeps the previously selected website. Suppose I’m clicking PIWIK logo and I’m on the Dashboard page. Default website for me is now “Foo” (idSite=5), but I’m changing it to “Bar” (idSite=6). Next I’m clicking $login -> Settings and then Piwik is redirecting me to User Settings page where I can see idSite=1 in the URL. So when I’m clicking Dashboard link than I’m landing at the dashboard of my “Baz” website (idSite=1)…

Ok you convinced me already :wink: I made the change in Always link "Dashboard" top menu link to the default website being se… · matomo-org/matomo@39dc7f0 · GitHub

Great! :slight_smile: Thanks a lot!