Dashboard error with new install

Just installed Piwik, everything is working fine except some nice errors right on the dashboard page, any tips on how I can clean this up? Thanks!

There is an error. Please report the message and full backtrace in the Piwik forums (please do a Search first as it might have been reported already!).

Notice: Array to string conversion in E:\Inetpub\intranetstatistics\core\PluginsFunctions\WidgetsList.php on line 38

Backtrace -->
#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(…) called at [E:\Inetpub\intranetstatistics\core\PluginsFunctions\WidgetsList.php:38]#1 Piwik_WidgetsList::add(…) called at [E:\Inetpub\intranetstatistics\core\PluginsFunctions\WidgetsList.php:74]#2 Piwik_AddWidget(…) called at [E:\Inetpub\intranetstatistics\plugins\VisitsSummary\VisitsSummary.php:70]#3 Piwik_VisitsSummary->addWidgets(…) called at [:]#4 call_user_func_array(…) called at [E:\Inetpub\intranetstatistics\libs\Event\Dispatcher.php:284]#5 Event_Dispatcher->postNotification(…) called at [E:\Inetpub\intranetstatistics\core\PluginsManager.php:609]#6 Piwik_PostEvent(…) called at [E:\Inetpub\intranetstatistics\core\PluginsFunctions\WidgetsList.php:26]#7 Piwik_WidgetsList::get(…) called at [E:\Inetpub\intranetstatistics\core\PluginsFunctions\WidgetsList.php:69]#8 Piwik_GetWidgetsList(…) called at [E:\Inetpub\intranetstatistics\plugins\Dashboard\Controller.php:25]#9 Piwik_Dashboard_Controller->getDashboardView(…) called at [E:\Inetpub\intranetstatistics\plugins\Dashboard\Controller.php:37]#10 Piwik_Dashboard_Controller->embeddedIndex(…) called at [:]#11 call_user_func_array(…) called at [E:\Inetpub\intranetstatistics\core\FrontController.php:132]#12 Piwik_FrontController->dispatch(…) called at [E:\Inetpub\intranetstatistics\index.php:53]

Hi niwik

can you update to 2.14.3 if you’re not using it yet?

if you still have this problem, please create a bug report in our tracker at: Issues · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub and we will investigate

Thanks Matt,

I’m running 1.6, unfortunately I can’t upgrade as the vendor who is supplying our intranet requires us to stick on this version for us to be able to capture stats from their software.

I’m working with our intranet vendor to try and determine why I’m having this error.

If I find a solution I will post here.

Fixed this by messing around with the backend code

modified plugins\VisitFrequency\VisitFrequency.php and commented out:

/Piwik_AddWidget( ‘General_Visitors’, ‘VisitFrequency_WidgetGraphReturning’, ‘VisitFrequency’, ‘getEvolutionGraph’, array(‘columns’ => array(‘nb_visits_returning’)));/

This got rid of the errors but at the cost of the return vistors graph.

I wouldn’t suggest doing this if your in a position where you can upgrade, but if you are in a situation like me where you can’t upgrade the software maybe this will help.