Custom widget without plugin programming possible / planned?

Hello all,

I have been searching the docs for a while now and finally decided to ask here at the forum, because my search was not successfull.

I know it is possible to create plugins in oder to realize widgets showing a custom subset of data in a specific way. But…

It is possble to use the API to tailor data shown by a already exsisting. For Example change

index.php?module=Widgetize&action=iframe&columns[]=nb_visits&moduleToWidgetize=VisitsSummary&actionToWidgetize=getEvolutionGraph&idSite=1&period=year&date=2012-06-06&disableLink=1&widget=1

to

index.php?module=Widgetize&action=iframe&columns[]=nb_visits&moduleToWidgetize=VisitsSummary&actionToWidgetize=getEvolutionGraph&idSite=1&period=year&date=2012-06-06&disableLink=1&widget=1&segment=browserName==FF

By adding the “segment” param the widget shows a subset of data.

Is there any way to ‘save’ this customized widget calls for reuse on a dashboard?

If it is not possible yet, are there any plans to create a possiblity like this in the future?

TIA

Best Regards

Yes it is planned: Segmentation: implement UI for adding/editing segments, and switching segments · Issue #2135 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

Oh, this sounds great. Very much looking forward to it.

Thanks so far for your great work!

Best Regards.

Happy New Year! If you are still using Piwik and interested in the awesome new feature of “Creating a Custom Segment in Piwik and apply to reports in Real time!” we need YOUR help, with a little or big donation at: http://crowdfunding.piwik.org/custom-segments-editor/

This will allow to dynamically add or edit, a new set of rules for example “Show all visitors from USA and using Firefox and using Google”. This will be done via a simple to use interface. See screenshots and more info here: http://crowdfunding.piwik.org/custom-segments-editor/

We are crowd funding the future of Piwik and this feature in particular. With your help we can do it.

Thanks

Matthieu