Custom variable widgets

Hi,

We are using custom variables in our Piwik 2.15 installation a similar way to this example: Custom Variable Case Study: Divezone.net - Analytics Platform - Matomo, to track which language our visitors speak and from which department and team do they come from. 3 custom variables, each having only a handful of possible values.

I would like to export these data as a widget to our main site, but in separate widgets. Ideally, I would like to generate one pie chart for each of the custom variables, showing, for example for the language: English 144, German 75, French 14, etc…

However if I select pie chart, I’m just shown how many of the visits had the custom variable, regardless of the value: Language 329 visitors; Department 329 visitors; Team 329 visitors.

Is this possible with Piwik?

Thanks!

Hi there,

We want to improve this in the future: Allow to plot custom variable values (or any rows) by searching & plotting - JS Graphs · Issue #2786 · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub

IN the meantime, you should be able to do what you want by adding &flat=1 in the URL of the page.

Also you may want to use Segmentation to show only a particular Custom Variable at a time: Segmentation - Compare segments of visitors - Analytics Platform - Matomo

1 Like