Custom reports: Goal/events per page?

Hello,

is there way to display the number of a special goal per page?

I want to see on which page we get most user registrations. The registration is available via an dialog on every page.

So I want to see how many of these goals (or events) are generated on the different pages.

I didn’t find a way to get this data.

Is this possible with “Custom reports” or any other extension?

Best regards,

Timo

Hi @iparker ,

Triggering an event every time a visitor complete the registration and convert a goal. By this way, you could keep track of user registrations. As you have mentioned registration is available in each page, it’s better to name the event accordingly in a way to identify the event of a particular page.

Thanks for your reply - but this is not really an answer for my question ;-).

I trigger an event and I convert this event to a goal. But my event has no information about the page.

Does Matomo really don’t know on which page an event/goal appears? It’s hard to believe that…

With custom reports premium feature, I think you can do this:

Thanks for your reply. I ordered the custom reports plugin and created a some reports. Also I have re-processed the data so older data should be in these reports.

I created a report like this:

Also I created a variant with action url (like on your screen).

Currently I have 2.331 konversions for my goal “Profil registriert” (registered user).

But in the custom report with the page-url I see a total of 4.654 goal-conversion (seems like factor 2?), and in custom report with action-url I see a total of 1.586 goal-conversions.

Both numbers are not correct. Where is the mistake? Why are the number of conversion is not equal to the number of conversion I see in the goal-detail-report?

Next to this it seems that the url when we track the event is not correct. I checked it very detaillied by passing the visitor log: The page-url and also the action-url in the custom report is not correct.

Thanks for some help!

Best regards,

Timo

Hi @iparker ,

Could you please get in touch with our support team at shop@matomo.org, so that this request can be managed efficiently.