Custom Logo and Favicon fail uploading and displaying

Dear Matomo!

No matter, which file and browser we use, the uploading always fails:

** ! The uploaded file couldn’t be processed. Please check if the file has a valid format. **

Going to the directory “/usr/share/matomo/misc/user”, we made it fully writable:

drwxrwxrwx 2 matomo www-data 4096 Nov 20 18:03 .

Still, all uploads on all browsers failed.

After manually installing:

-rw-r--r-- 1 matomo www-data  1831 Nov 20 14:39 favicon.png
-rw-r--r-- 1 matomo www-data 25785 Nov 20 14:34 logo.png

and going back to the general settings, we see something more promising:

However, after logging out and logging in, the Matomo logo and favicon still show at the top. How do we actually convince Matomo to show the new logos?

Thanks,

Dennis

Does the system user that runs matomo has sufficient rights to access and update the folder?

@dgaastra try with super user credentials, or you can check the path of logo and fav-icon file and place new logo & favicon there.

@phillipe Yes; full privileges: see above: drwxrwxrwx.

Please read my initial post; it includes directory listings with permission. Could only put put it in manually.

But the biggest problem is that the logo+favicon don’t show where they should.

Dennis

Still waiting for an answer…nothing works…

You can create an issue in the Matomo GitHub repo:

@Philippe: What is the point of this forum when we always get referred to Gibhub? I am sure the current version can handle this correctly?!?

We are evaluating Matomo for our hosting stacks and a potential customer here. All the answers provided here do not help us at all. Why can’t we be helped here?

To answer my own question and by debugging and slicing the PHP code of “CustomLogo.php”, it turned out that there was a file uploading error called " UPLOAD_ERR_NO_TMP_DIR ".

The solution was to set ‘upload_tmp_dir’ to a proper value.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes