Curl_exec timeout error when upgrading from from 2.14.2 to 2.14.3

I have been trying to update automatically for days. Same error below:
[left]Downloading the latest Piwik version over secure HTTPS connection did not succeed, because of the following error:

curl_exec: Operation timed out after 119908 milliseconds with 4390672 out of 16210130 bytes received. Hostname requested was: builds.piwik.org[/left]

I tried both updating via HTTPS and HTTP. No luck.

I searched this forum. Sometimes in March this year, users were advised to patch plugins/CoreUpdater/Updater.php with:

[left]+ } catch (ArchiveDownloadException $e) {

•        throw $e;[/left]

I checked mine and it is already patched in 2.14.2.

From the error message, it seems that the file is being downloaded but the download process was terminated due to time out (that is about after 2 minutes according to the error).

How do I increase the timeout for curl_exec?

(Matthieu Aubry) #3

Thanks for the report, this was fixed in curl_exec: Operation timed out after 119908 milliseconds with 4390672 out of 16210130 bytes received. Hostname requested was: builds.piwik.org · Issue #8553 · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub

So at the mean time, how do I increase the time from 2 minutes to 15 minutes in version 2.14.2 ?

(Matthieu Napoli) #5

You need to apply this change to your Piwik: fixes #8553 allow 12 minutes to download Piwik zip package · matomo-org/piwik@46b46d3 · GitHub

OK, this is the answer I have been waiting for and it solves the problem. Thanks.