CSV export error/issue & branding issues

I’ve a client that has a very specific requirement, as the three letter acronym of their brand name is exactly the same as that of another major corporation, and as such bounce traffic on the homepage is very high as a lot of people immediately recognise that this is not the page they’re after.

As such, we installed Piwik as it allows to filter by keyword and visit time (i.e. Visitors -> Visitor Log.), so we can filter out all the brand name traffic that is <10 secs as an “oops, wrong website!” bounce. As such, I need to download the entirety of the data set for the month / year to date in a .csv file, but it seems I can only get 100 at a time out of the export functionality.

I’ve checked all the FAQs, all the options in the install, and I can’t seem to find it anywhere - is there no way to download the entirety of data for a given time set, i.e. one full calendar month, and not do it 100 at a time? It seems I must be missing something, I can’t imagine this functionality has been missed - I’ve got 55,000 visits for the month, so manual downloads one by one are an impossibility.

I’m running 0.6.0 on an Apache server.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated!

Bump - could really use some help here guys. Will happily throw a high PR contextual backlink your way in exchange for some info :slight_smile:

I would suggest that you use the API directly instead of the export link under the widget (which has a filter_limit of 100 in the URL).

See http://dev.piwik.org/trac/wiki/API

When I use the API:

xxx.xxxxxx.xx/index.php?module=API&method=Actions.getPageTitles&idSite=1&period=month&date=yesterday&format=Csv&token_auth=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I get a list about 51 lines.

When I call the report from the Dashboard ->Actions -> Page titles I get for the period month a list about 276 lines.

Why? Can anybody help me?

Thank you