Critical Error during the update process for piwik 0.4.3

I have a critical error during the update process for for piwik 0.4.3:

/var/www/wideopen/piwik/core/Updates/0.4.3.php:
Error trying to execute the query ‘DROP INDEX idaction ON piwik_log_action’.
The error was: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1142 INDEX command denied to user ‘myUserID’@‘SomeIP’ for table ‘piwik_log_action’

Funny about this:

The code in 0.4.3.php is

'DROP INDEX index_idaction ON '. Piwik::prefixTable(‘log_action’) => ‘/1091/’,

but the data-base field is only called idaction !

How I solve this problem?

Ask your sysadmin to grant you INDEX privilege on your database. (This is going to come up again in Piwik 0.5.) Also, we’ll be adding a check in 0.4.4 to verify the privileges granted.

In the meantime, check to see if your log_visit table has the index index_idaction. If not, you can comment out this line, and re-browse to your Piwik URL to continue the upgrade.

Fine, my upgrade to piwik 0.4.3 worked with this patch.

Since my hoster granted me the “Index” privilege, I made a test with

DROP INDEX idaction ON piwik_log_action_save

And the result is

MySQL meldet: Dokumentation
#1091 - Can't DROP 'idaction'; check that column/key exists

Is there something wrong or missing?

We don’t want it to exist, so we can safely ignore the error. The problem is MySQL checks your privileges before checking to see if the index exists.

Hello,

I have a problem with update vrom 0.4.0 to 0.4.3

I become the message:

"*** Piwik › Update *** Database Upgrade Required Your Piwik database is out-of-date, and must be upgraded before you can continue. Piwik database will be upgraded from version 0.4.2 to the new version 0.4.3. The database upgrade process may take a while, so please be patient. [X] Critical Error during the update process: * /var/www/web11/html/core/Updates/0.4.3.php: Error trying to execute the query ‘DROP INDEX index_idaction ON piwik_log_action’. The error was: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1142 INDEX command denied to user ‘web11’@‘localhost’ for table ‘piwik_log_action’ The above is the core error message. It should help explain the cause, but if you require further help please: * Check the [ Piwik FAQ ] which explains most common errors during update. * Ask your system administrator - they may be able to help you with the error which is most likely related to your server or MySQL setup. "

Sorry, my english is not good. Can you help me?

searchmedia: it means your sysadmin has to grant you INDEX privilege to your database.

BTW Piwik 0.4.4 is now available for download.

sorry to sound stupid but I don’t have a sysdamin (that I know of). How should I grant this privilege by myself?

sorry i’m typing this on our wii/wiimote. substitute your db and user name:

grant all on dbname.* to user@localhost;

I feel like I need a Piwik for dummy but where shall I type this command?

Sorry, I can wait till you get a keybord back to get the answer
thanks

Login as the superuser using the your ‘mysql’ client from the shell, or use the GUI front-end, e.g., “MySQL Query Browser” or “MySQL Administrator”.

I’m afraid it’s a bit too complicated for me

any way to come back to 0.4.3??

http://builds.piwik.org

Note: we’re only providing support for the current version.

Great, it works (0.4.1 → 0.4.5, 0.4.3.php, line 40). Thanks.

I tryed do update from 0.4 to 0.4.5 and I got the same error. That’s why this index doesn’t exists. My work arround was to create this index, so the update script could drop this index.