Comparisons with Chartbeat

I just spent a day trialling Chartbeat, which is a very slick, paid real-time stats service, and then removed it because the differences over what Piwik and Google Analytics give me simply wasn’t enough to justify paying.

Eye-candy aside, there are some nice features to Chartbeat that I’d love to see in Piwik:

[ol]
[li] A dashboard widget showing how many people are on my site right now
[/li][li] A dashboard widget for social mentions, aimed at twitter & facebook at least
[/li][li] Email/sms alerts based on site traffic (although their current incarnation is mostly aimed at telling you that you’re going to need to change payment plans soon)
[/li][/ol]

One surprise was that Chartbeat saw more visitors than Piwik does in real-time, but when visitors seen by both appeared first in Piwik’s dashboard. Is this only because, of 2 pieces of code included on each page, Chartbeat has one piece of code at the top of each page?

Jacob

1. Could be easily possible… please create a ticket (and you can put a screenshot of proposal of how charbeat looks or how you think it should loook like

2. Do you know where they get the data from?

3. Feature request; New plugin: define Custom Alerts and receive email when triggered · Issue #1486 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

[ol]
[li] Done: #3131
[/li][li] They require you to link with your Twitter & FB accounts for the Mention, Like and Share counts, but the Retweet count is coming from somewhere else
[/li][li] Sweet
[/li][/ol]

http://support.chartbeat.com/entries/21206507-what-do-these-social-categories-mean