Clean 0.4.1 install keeps looping on the login page

Hi there,
I used to have a working 0.2.32 install. I tried updating it, but since it wouldn’t work, here’s what I’ve done :

• moved old Piwik folder away
  • fetched 0.4.1, put new piwik folder exactly in the same place
  • created a new database
  • pointed my browser to the piwik location : the install process went on smoothly
  • Once finished (no error message), if I try to login as the admin (the only user available), I get an error :
    -> On Safari, it tries to load “http://mywebsite/piwik/index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&idSite=1&period=day&date=today” and it ends up saying “Too many redirections”
    -> On Firefox, it brings me back to the login page

This is very weird since it looks like a pretty “normal” use-case to me…

Oh, and by the way : I get absolutely no error message anywhere…

• Nothing in apache’s error.log
  • Nothing in my system-wide syslog
  • Nothing understandable in Piwik’s tmp/log

do you accept cookies? try and delete your cookie and try again?

Yes, I do have cookies. And I did try to wipe them all out : it didn’t change anything. Here are some results I got :

• Accessing “index.php?module=SitesManager” works

• Accessing “index.php?module=CoreAdminHome” works fine on Safari, but for some weird reason, Firefox complains about me not having superuser privileges (which I should have since I’m using the admin login/password - and it works on Safari…)

• Acessing “index.php?module=Feedback” works too

• Now both Widgetize, CoreHome, and API send me in a redirection loop :frowning:

That’s really weird that noone else ever got this issue… Does anyone have any suggestion ?