Matomo friends, Hi I was reading the FAQ ( https://matomo.org/faq/log-analytics-tool/ ) on Log Analytics and need some clarification. If I had a centralized matomo instance on it’s own servers and I have a client website (hosted elsewhere) that is interested in using Log Analytics to track activity (as opposed to the generated JS block). It isn’t clear to me, from the FAQ, what are the requirements for the client system as opposed to the requirements of my central matomo instance. Please confirm I have this right:
Requirements for central matomo instance:
- Matomo instance up and running
- Unique website profile with siteID=X
- Python ?
Requirements for remote client website:
- matomo full software distro installed (with PHP?) (Full Matomo package? )
OR just the matomo-log-analytics package found here: https://github.com/matomo-org/matomo-log-analytics ?
- Python (ver to match matomo base ver)
- Execution of the “import_logs.py” script in a cron or other schedule
- Execution of the script to include identity of central matomo: “–url” parameter
- Execution of the script to include unique siteID prebuilt on central matomo instance: “–idsite” parameter
- Execution of the script to include authentication for central matomo instance: “–token-auth” parameter
Thanks for your help!