Change the "from" name in emails

I’ve used Piwik for quite a while now and i’ve gotten a customer request the modify the “from” name on the reports mailed. Currently the reports are mailed from “Piwik Reports” and he wants something like “mycompanywebtraffic reports” I’ve been looking through the docs and I can’t find anything on this… Anyone have any suggestions?

Hi square root

I think that there is two ways to do that:

1. Install the translate plugin (Plugin: Translate Piwik in your own language with this easy to use plugin · Issue #5591 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub) and change the string there (not sure what happens when you upgrade your Piwik installation though…

2. I think that you can overide that variable in the config.ini.php file, but I can´t seem to find witch variable it is… Look here for some clues: How to - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Perhaps someone else knows how to do this properly? I am also looking for this answer. Will post if I find it.

Peace
Hans Roberto

Thanks for the suggestion, created a ticket at: When using Custom logo, do not write "Piwik" in the "From" name in Scheduled reports email · Issue #2787 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

1. Install the translate plugin (Plugin: Translate Piwik in your own language with this easy to use plugin · Issue #5591 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub) and change the string there (not sure what happens when you upgrade your Piwik installation though…

maybe help http://www.jsrmpm8.com/

To change the from name ----

Go to: plugins / PDFReports /API.php

Then goto the following line near the bottom of the page within Function:

protected function sendReportEmail (…)

Change:

$fromEmailName = Piwik_Translate(‘PDFReports_PiwikReports’);

Change to:

$fromEmailName = “EMAIL NAME YOU WANT”;

Just name sure that it is in quotes and it will work for exporting to PDF.

Great!!!
in my was so (line 509):

$fromEmailName = Zend_Registry::get(‘config’)->branding->use_custom_logo
? Piwik_Translate(‘CoreHome_WebAnalyticsReports’)
: Piwik_Translate(‘PDFReports_PiwikReports’);

I change to:

$fromEmailName = “Report Access”;

And it work!
Thanks!