Can't pass integrity test (host provider deletes gpl files)

I want to install Piwik. Unfortunately my host provider (GoDaddy) automatically deletes any GPL 3.0 text files as soon as they are uploaded (via FTP). Since Piwik requires an “File integrity” check, I cannot proceed to install Piwik. Is there a way to bypass the file integrity check? (Presumably these files aren’t technically required for the code to run).

File integrity check failed and reported some errors. This is most likely due to a partial or failed upload of some of the Piwik files. You should reupload all the Piwik files in BINARY mode and refresh this page until it shows no error.

Missing file: /home/content/84/11980384/html/analytics/libs/jquery/gpl-3.0.txt
Missing file: /home/content/84/11980384/html/analytics/libs/tcpdf/gpl.txt
Missing file: /home/content/84/11980384/html/analytics/misc/gpl-3.0.txt

Hi there,

can you try with latest 2.14.0-RC from: http://builds.piwik.org/

Do you find that you cannot proceed when there is a file integrity error? this would be a bug, as indeed the file integrity should be optional. if so, please create bug report at: Issues · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub and we will fix it ASAP as it’s definitely expected you can continue even when file integrity warning.

I was using the 2.13.1 release of Piwik. I did not see a way to proceed (for example, there was no “Next” button). I will try the 2.14RC version and report back.

No luck with the 2.14.0-RC install either. Here’s the bug report: Installer should let you bypass the “optional” file integrity check · Issue #8264 · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub

Thanks for creating the bug report, it was fixed for 2.14.0