Can't Manage Websites

Hi - I am self-hosting Matomo and for months I have had this problem where I can add websites but when I try to “manage” websites (in particular - delete a website) I get this hanging issue on the management page see here:

Can anyone suggest what might be causing this bug or issue thank you?

Hi,

Can you check the javascript console if there is an error or a failed request on the network tab?

Hi Lukas - thanks for responding - in my Firefox browser this is what was generated from the javascript console / network tab Screenshot by Lightshot

Sorry - this stuff is getting a little beyond me - so best I just show you and you read it. There were a few more entries below the sight line of the screen but they all showed message status as 200 which I’m guessing is fine??

Hi,

Without taking a closer look (I’m on my phone) the line with a 403 response looks like the error.
Your Webserver returns 403 if you aren’t allowed to access that url. Can you maybe check the Webserver error log to find out the reason? Are you using something like mod_security that blocks requests based on keywords?

Hi again - just took a look at my server error logs and these two entries might help you read the problem:

(22)Invalid argument: AH01075: Error dispatching request to :, referer: Sign in - Matomo

and

AH01068: Got bogus version 100, referer: Sign in - Matomo

Also … I did a Matomo “system check” and discovered this database issue - not sure if it’s relevant but I will need to repair it in due course when I work out how to do it:

LOAD DATA INFILE
Using LOAD DATA INFILE will greatly speed Matomo’s archiving process up. To make it available to Matomo, try updating your PHP & MySQL software and make sure your database user has the FILE privilege.
If your Matomo server tracks high traffic websites (eg. > 100,000 pages per month), we recommend to try fix this problem.
Error: LOAD DATA INFILE failed… Error was:
Try #1: LOAD DATA INFILE : SQLSTATE[28000]: Invalid authorization specification: 1045 Access denied for user ‘wiz2_analytics’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)[28000]
Troubleshooting: FAQ on matomo.org

Hi,

I unfortunately only know little about Apache, so I can’t help much there.

The LOAD DATA INFILE has nothing to do with it. It’s not really an error, but Matomo could work much faster if it was allowed. But if you don’t have full access to your MySQL server it’s quite possible that the feature was intentionally blocked

OK I understand Lukas - thanks for taking an interest nonetheless - I’ll maybe hire someone on Fiverr to sort this issue for me - to the trained apache eye it is probably something easily solved. But too complicated for me. Cheers

1 Like