Can't log in to Piwik after hosting upgrade

I just recently upgraded my web hosting and all of my sites were moved over to a new dedicated IP. Ever since my hosting provider made the switch over, I have not been able to log in to my piwik analytics.

I have Piwik installed on my site in a folder called piwik

When I try to log in, all it does is refresh the log in page. Nothing else happens. No error message. Nothing. It just refreshes the page, but I’m never able to actually log in to the Piwik dashboard.

Does anyone know why this may be happening? Did something change with the database that I need to update?

you should hosting company help because sometimes hosting configuration makes problem and php version too.

It sounds as if the database connection parameters, kept in the “configs/config.ini.php” file might now be incorrect. This is a plain text file that you can download with an FTP client, edit with a text editor, and then upload again.

Hi there,

Feel free to try again installing with the latest 2.15.0 beta version which includes many fixes and improvements, see: I would like to test early beta and RC releases, how do I enable automatic updates to use these development versions? - Analytics Platform - Matomo

If you still have a problem, please create an issue on our tracker GitHub - matomo-org/piwik: Liberating Web Analytics. Star us on Github? +1. Matomo is the leading open alternative to Google Analytics that gives you full control over your data. Matomo lets you easily collect data from websites, apps & the IoT and visualise this data and extract insights. Privacy is built-in. We love Pull Requests!

I ended up having to completely delete all of the piwik files and reinstall the files again. I was able to keep the database the same, so everything should be good.

Thanks for everyone’s help.

Andy