Can I use the Google Analytics importer with my Matomo Wordpress Plugin?

I installed the Matomo wordpress plugin, and I want to import my google analytics data, but I cannot find the google analytics importer plugin in Wordpress, and when I’m logged into my Matomo dashboard, I do not see the “Platform > Marketplace” as any option in the left sidebar menu.

Hello @Meleriche

The marketplace is available in the WordPress plugin from the WordPress Dashboard > Matomo Analytics > Marketplace menu.
You should be able to see the Google Analytics importer then.

You can also choose to directly download the plugin from our marketplace, and install it like any other WordPress plugin.

Kind regards

Mat

Hello Mat,

Thanks for helping with that part. I finally was able to add the Google Analytics Importer. I am currently on the step of the Oauth Consent Screen, and the step says click on the “Add Domain” button and input the top-level domain where your Matomo installation resides. All examples I am finding for what this would be just give the example of ‘matomo.cloud’ for the cloud installation. What would the top-level domain be for the Wordpress plugin?

Hi @Meleriche

Nice.
It would be your WordPress domain.
Kind regards

Mat

My domain name is www.industriensfond.dk, but when I put that down as Authorized JavaScript origins, it fails when I import the downloaded ‘Client Secret’ into Matomo with the message: Missing or invalid client configuration, please reupload.

What am I doing wrong?

Kindly Tine

Hello @TineT

It looks like your oauth configuration is invalid.
You can try to recreate it following the steps explained in this page https://matomo.org/faq/general/set-up-google-analytics-import/#creating-google-oauth-client-config, or you can send your file to our support, and they will explain to you what’s missing.
Kind regards

Mat

Hi Tine,
Just wondering if you resolved this? im having exactly the same issue.

When I install the plugin. It shows the plugin is not compatible with your wp version.
How I can resolve this issue. My site url; www.writemypaper.help/

Unfortunately no. And I think I’ve tried 30 times.

HI @TineT

Did you try to contact our support team?

Kind regards

Mat

Hi @Ricky_martin

Can you share with us a screenshot of this error?

Kind regards

Mat

Hi @Matthieu_Mary,

I finally got the Google importer and API set up, but when I try to run the importer I keep getting an error? How do I resolve this issue so I can import the data? (I waited awhile after setting up the API and even redid the steps for the API).

Hello @Meleriche

The error message tells you there is something wrong with The Google Analytics admin API. I would suggest you to redo the steps to create the OAuth token, and, if you still have a problem, contact the Google support.

Kind regards

Mat