Can I choose which view I see when I first login?

Right now, when I go to my Piwik stats url, I see the Dashboard overview page. Normally that would be a good thing. But that’s not the view I want to start with. I’ve tried using the url for any of the other menu choices (such as Referrers / Search Engines and Keywords for example), but entering that as a URL in the address bar just always gets me to the dashboard overview page.

So…is there way to do this? Do I always HAVE to begin at the dashboard overview screen?

Here’s the real reason I want to change this. I have lots of sites. I’m using the MultiSitesPlugin and it places a new menu item called Sites Summary in the menu list. I’d much rather start at the Sites Summary page rather than the Dashboard overview page (which just shows me an overview of one of my sites).

If I look at the properties of the menu item for Sites Summary I see this.

http://www.mydomain.com/piwik/index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&idSite=1&period=day&date=yesterday&moduleToLoad=MultiSitesPlugin&module=CoreHome&action=showInContext

Clicking that from the menu gets me where I want to go. But typing that into the address bar just sends me back to the Dashboard overview page.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Workarounds?

I believe there’s a trac ticket to change the initial view.

A quick hack would be to edit the line in core/FrontController.php, changing the defaultModule:

$defaultModule = 'CoreHome';

Awesome! Thank you.

Ok, this turned out to be fatal. I changed that line and got an error. “No problem”, I think, “I’ll just revert”. Unfortunately, reverting back didn’t help. I’m using the EXACT same code that worked fine before, but now I get this error:

Fatal error: Class ‘Piwik_PluginsManager’ not found in /home/myusername/public_html/piwik/core/FrontController.php on line 227

I even checked my backup file to make sure it was the same code as before and it is.

This is line 227 btw, which I didn’t change ever:
$pluginsManager = Piwik_PluginsManager::getInstance();

Line 101 is the line that I changed, which is:
$defaultModule = ‘CoreHome’;

(And it still says that, since I reverted back to the original).

Basically, no matter what I do, I’m stuck with the error. Do I need to reinstall?

Ok, I’m able to answer my own question on this one. I redownloaded Piwik, ftp’d the files up and everything is ok now. Still can’t change the default view, but hey, it’s not dead so that’s good. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

we’re planning to integrate the multi sites report in core for the next major release and we’ll push at same time http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/401

Fabulous, thank you!