Campaign tracking - How it works when visiting multiple pages?

Hello,

I have a maybe basic question about analytics. I regularly create URLs so I can track our different campaigns with Piwik. So normally this works where say i have a campaign called COLORS and my landing page of the tracking link is ABC.com/black. so when I am looking at the campaigns and visitors of that page I can see details of how many visits etc. came from the COLORS campaign.

However, in Piwik if I am looking at ANOTHER page (in the same domain), for example ABC.com/white, I sometimes am also seeing traffic coming from the COLORS campaign, even though that campaign does not direct people to this page.

Does the campaign follow people as they move from page to page, and so when I see someone from the COLORS campaign in a different pages’ analytics, it just means they followed the link, and then from that page clicked something else and came over to the other page? (all on the same domain and being tracked in the same account)

I hope this makes sense and someone can confirm for me if that I think this means, is in fact what is happening :slight_smile:

Thank you!

The campaign is attached to “Visits”. See more info at Tracking Campaigns – Analytics Piwik - Analytics Platform - Matomo