Call to undefined method Piwik\Updater::addComponentToCheck()

Hello !

I’m posting here because after an automatic update from 2.10.0 to 2.12 I am now having the following error :

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Piwik\Updater::addComponentToCheck() in /homepages/16/d410276458/htdocs/piwik/plugins/CoreUpdater/CoreUpdater.php on line 131

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Zend_Session_Exception' with message 'Session must be started before any output has been sent to the browser; output started in /homepages/16/d410276458/htdocs/piwik/plugins/CoreUpdater/CoreUpdater.php/131' in /homepages/16/d410276458/htdocs/piwik/libs/Zend/Session.php:443 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/16/d410276458/htdocs/piwik/libs/Zend/Session/Namespace.php(143): Zend_Session::start(true) #1 /homepages/16/d410276458/htdocs/piwik/core/Session/SessionNamespace.php(34): Zend_Session_Namespace->__construct('CorePluginsAdmi...', false) #2 /homepages/16/d410276458/htdocs/piwik/core/Nonce.php(39): Piwik\Session\SessionNamespace->__construct('CorePluginsAdmi...') #3 /homepages/16/d410276458/htdocs/piwik/plugins/CorePluginsAdmin/Controller.php(364): Piwik\Nonce::getNonce('CorePluginsAdmi...') #4 [internal function]: Piwik\Plugins\CorePluginsAdmin\Controller->safemode(Array) #5 /homepages/16/d410276458/htdocs/piwik/core/FrontController.php(530): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #6 /homepages/16/d4 in /homepages/16/d410276458/htdocs/piwik/libs/Zend/Session.php on line 443

I have found these 2 similar errors :

In those posts the solution is to manually update Piwik, so obviously that’s what I did via SSH commands :

# go into the the directory that contains your existing "piwik/" installation 
$ wget http://builds.piwik.org/piwik.zip # download latest version
$ unzip -o piwik.zip # extract it to "piwik/" directory
$ rm piwik.zip # delete the archive and read below the next step

But it doesn’t work at all and the same error message appears :confused:
I also tried to put back the 2.10.0 piwik files in my folder and the problem still is the same.
In my database the piwik version is 2.10.0

I hope you could help me find a solution as I would prefer not lose all my data and make a clean install :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Yann

Hi Yann

don’t worry about losing data: with Piwik you never have to lose your data (as long as you have a backup etc.)

For this error can you try chmod 777 -R path/piwik/tmp and try again ?

Hi Matt,

Thank you for responding.

I tried adding those permissions to the tmp folder with your command but it doesn’t change anything to my problem.

Yann

we just release 2.13.0 release candidate, maybe that one would work better for you? http://builds.piwik.org/

I have downloaded the “piwik-2.13.0-rc1.zip” file and unzipped it in my piwik folder, and I still get the same error message when I go to my piwik homepage :confused:

Hi there,

Ok then it must be a bug somewhere - do you mind creating an issue in Issues · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub ?

No problem, I created the issue, it’s available here : Call to undefined method Piwik\Updater::addComponentToCheck() · Issue #7753 · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub

Thanks !

Hi,

I used SSH again to get the last piwik version and unzip it in my piwik folder and the error still appeared. So I checked the number of lines of the CoreUpdater.php file and there was a delta between my file and the original file downloaded… Apparently the unzip command via SSH, even with -o parameter, doesn’t overwrite very well the files.

I uploaded the latest piwik version manually using FTP and now it works !

Problem solved, thank you !