Call to undefined method Piwik\Piwik::getSuperUserLogin() in plugins\UsersManager\API.php

Hi,

I’ve just upgrade piwik from 2.0.3 to 2.2.0 and am since getting the following error messages:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Piwik\Piwik::getSuperUserLogin() in E:\pages\piwik\htdocs\plugins\UsersManager\API.php on line 631
Fatal error: Call to undefined method Piwik\Piwik::isUserIsSuperUser() in E:\pages\piwik\htdocs\plugins\CorePluginsAdmin\Controller.php on line 363

I know why I get this error (Piwik 2.1 - Changes for Plugin developers - Analytics Platform - Matomo) but don’t really know what to do about this? I have tried to replace the offending methods with the ones specified in the linked blog post, but eventually encounter errors re undefined methods which have no replacement (e.g. \Piwik\Piwik::getSuperUserLogin) which I therefore cannot simply replace.

I’ve also tried to uninstall the plugins by removing the UserManager and CorePluginsAdmin folders but then get the following message:

Fatal error: Class 'Piwik\Plugins\UsersManager\API' not found in E:\pages\piwik\htdocs\plugins\Login\Auth.php on line 52

so it looks as though the UsersManager plugin is needed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
nanos