Bug in settings pannel

Hello, at this url:

index.php?module=UsersManager&action=userSettings&idSite=1&period=day&date=yesterday

I can’t edit “Report date to load by default”, when the form is send my change is not recorded.
Thanks to fix it. It’s broken only since recent release.

I am experiencing the same issue. Essentially, the User settings screen doesn’t retain or record changes to “Report to load by default” or “Report date to load by default.” I’m using a new Piwik installation with code downloaded yesterday.

EDIT: There is this in the developer’s section of the Piwik site: User settings regression in trunk · Issue #1591 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub
However, I disagree that the issue is fixed, unless the fix was not implemented on the downloadable code available yesterday. As described in that ticket, my screen also goes white before reloading, but on a refresh, the settings are not retained or recorded.

If you downloaded 0.9, then no, it’s not working, because it was fixed after 0.9 was released.

BTW in 0.9, the setting is changed in the database. It just wasn’t updating the dashboard’s current URL.

[quote=vipsoft @ Aug 18 2010, 11:55 AM]If you downloaded 0.9, then no, it’s not working, because it was fixed after 0.9 was released.

BTW in 0.9, the setting is changed in the database. It just wasn’t updating the dashboard’s current URL.[/quote]

Okay, thanks. That’s good to know.

BTW, you can tell from my forum join date that I’m new to Piwik. I’m considering Piwik as a replacement to Google Analytics. So far, I’m impressed by what I see.

EDIT: Actually, it appears to me that part of the settings are changed in the database, and part aren’t. The “Report date to load by default” option is saved, and the change is reflected when loading the Dashboard.

But if you select “Dashboard for a specific website” from the “Report to load by default” option, and then select a different site from the dropdown selector, the new site is not retained. The old site still loads first in the Dashboard.

Selecting a different website to load by default should also be fixed in svn.