Blocking referrer spam?

Hi,

One of the reasons I went with Piwik, was cos of the spamming filtering (Google Analytics was crap at this!). Today I noticed a ton of stuff coming from

100dollars - seo .com (broken up, so it doesn’t get linked to the spammy site :))

I found the spam list here - but I’m unsure of how you impliment it?

I assumed there would be a copy/paste input in the admin panel or something. Could someone please explain to me how you set this up? I googled around a bit, but all I kept coming across was the updating of that list + talking about making it more automated in the future :slight_smile:

TIA

Andy

Hi Andy

you can update to the latest 2.14.0 RC which includes very latest referrer spam list. I would like to test early beta and RC releases, how do I enable automatic updates to use these development versions? - Analytics Platform - Matomo

the version will be released to everyone today or tomorrow

Thanks for the reply. Will the new version out tomorrow, be an upgrade that can be done from the browser? I’m not in a super rush for it - just wanted to see how we could manually update :slight_smile:

You can upgrade in one click to the latest 2.14.0-RC, see: I would like to test early beta and RC releases, how do I enable automatic updates to use these development versions? - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Awesome - just done it :slight_smile:

BTW - just noticed these 2, that I have not seen before. Thought I’d point them out, in case they were not in the latest list:

(website) success-seo.com
(website) videos-for-your-business.com

Feel free to edit this post to remove the links, once you have seen them (don’t want them getting any PR!)

Cheers

Andy