Blocking referrer spam?

(Andy Newby) #1

Hi,

One of the reasons I went with Piwik, was cos of the spamming filtering (Google Analytics was crap at this!). Today I noticed a ton of stuff coming from

100dollars - seo .com (broken up, so it doesn’t get linked to the spammy site :))

I found the spam list here - but I’m unsure of how you impliment it?

I assumed there would be a copy/paste input in the admin panel or something. Could someone please explain to me how you set this up? I googled around a bit, but all I kept coming across was the updating of that list + talking about making it more automated in the future :slight_smile:

TIA

Andy

(Matthieu Aubry) #2

Hi Andy

you can update to the latest 2.14.0 RC which includes very latest referrer spam list. I would like to test early beta and RC releases, how do I enable automatic updates to use these development versions? - Analytics Platform - Matomo

the version will be released to everyone today or tomorrow

(Andy Newby) #3

Thanks for the reply. Will the new version out tomorrow, be an upgrade that can be done from the browser? I’m not in a super rush for it - just wanted to see how we could manually update :slight_smile:

(Matthieu Aubry) #4

You can upgrade in one click to the latest 2.14.0-RC, see: I would like to test early beta and RC releases, how do I enable automatic updates to use these development versions? - Analytics Platform - Matomo

(Andy Newby) #5

Awesome - just done it :slight_smile:

BTW - just noticed these 2, that I have not seen before. Thought I’d point them out, in case they were not in the latest list:

(website) success-seo.com
(website) videos-for-your-business.com

Feel free to edit this post to remove the links, once you have seen them (don’t want them getting any PR!)

Cheers

Andy

(Andy Newby) #6