Best way (if any?) for CDN?

Hi,
I’m using matomo for wordpress, but my provider offers an ‘automatic’ cdn (cloudflare) option, but without any settings. just “on”… it seems that the cdn served pages don’t get counted. is there some clever workaround for this? cdn is good but not being able to count is not so nice… :slight_smile:
I hope there is some way to enable this.
best,
david

Not sure how that works with cloudflare, but we use AWS Cloudfront successfully. You’ll need to disable caching at the CDN, but in general, Matomo does a good job setting cache-control for responses, and POSTs (the tracking API hits) should always be dispatched to the origin.

For safety, we flat out disable caching, to ensure that all requests are handled by matomo directly. Not sure how that specifically would work on cloudflare though.

Hi,
Thank you for your reply, but the point of my message is that on the CDN side i can’t change anything. The CDN is something i can enable on my hosting (checkbox on/off, that’s all), and it appears to be through cloudflare, but that’s it. CDN is good as i do 360 degree projects with many small files, but losing the tracking isn’t good of course… so i wonder if there is any other solution.
david