Bandwidth over usage message on tracked web site

Hi,
I’m fairly new to PIwik. We’ve recently embedded Piwik Image Tracker code into a website to test it out, and after 1 day, the website with the embedded code seems to have a bandwidth over usage issue, because we now get this message when we go to it:

This account has been suspended.
Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources.

This is on the website WITH the tracking code, so I was wondering if anyone knows the cause of it? Could this be something that Piwik tracking code has done to the site?

Note: we’ve also embedded the ClickHeat Piwik Plugin code on the same site (Plugin for Click map · Issue #5493 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub)

Thanks in advance for your time!

• Quan

Maybe Clickheat is the cause, if you have a LOT of traffic, otherwise it should be fine… or maybe your host is just setting really low limits…

Interestingly enough, something similar happened to me (although not as extreme). After installing Piwik, my shared hosting provider started throttling me (i.e., slowing my site down so that others on the same server didn’t suffer from my increased usage).

The problem that we were having was not related to any tracking code, it was our hosting company’s fault.

Thanks Matt,