AWS Aurora Serverless

Hi there. I noticed the FAQ states:

Note: if you’re on AWS, do not use AWS Aurora Serverless for database, instead use AWS RDS MySQL or AWS RDS Aurora.

I couldn’t find any reference to Aurora Serverless in the github repos. The only thing that I found is this forum topic: Session recording crippling AWS Aurora Serverless database

The benefits of Aurora Serverless are attractive:

Amazon Aurora Serverless is an on-demand, auto-scaling configuration for Amazon Aurora. It automatically starts up, shuts down, and scales capacity up or down based on your application’s needs. It enables you to run your database in the cloud without managing any database capacity.

Does anyone have any more information about using Matomo with Aurora Serverless? Is there any concrete information on incompatibilities?

Thanks

1 Like

crickets :cricket: :cricket: :cricket:

Aurora is expected to work fine.

You can try using AWS Aurora Serverless, but earlier versions of Aurora Serverless (v1) killed queries that were running during high load archiving which caused an issue that forced the archiver to exit. This has not been tested though on the most recent release of Aurora Serverless (v2), but we would recommend testing the scaling behaviour of Aurora Serverless during archiving to ensure this doesn’t happen.

If you’re planning to use Aurora for the database backend, you also need to set the following to your config file:
aurora_readonly_read_committed = 1

1 Like