Auto Archiving problem

Hi all,

We’ve installed piwik on one dedicated server in order to track stats for all our network of sites (more than 400 000 visits / days).
By now, auto-archiving is enabled (twice an hour) and enable_browser_archiving_triggering has been set to false, but the archive.sh process returns memory limit errors :
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 75873 bytes) in /var/www/…/core/DataTable.php on line 934

We tryied to change the memory limit, to reach 1024M, but the error is still there.

Is there any fix or tip in order to avoid this kind of problem (or not) ? And our server support team are considering to use memcache, but I’m not sure that it will solve the problem. Does someone installed piwik with memcache and what’s about performances?

Thansk in advance for your help.

The error message says your mem limit is 32M. Are you sure you increased it to 1024M?

Sorry, in fact, i’ve not posted last error message, but we tried to increase memory several times, from 32 to 64, 128, and so on to 1024, with same result.

It sounds like a memory leak in PHP. Are you using 5.2.10 or 5.3?

There’s also a small leak in pdo_mysql. I hope to test the mysqli adapter this weekend to see if it improves things.

So, vipsoft, puh-LEASE tell me you found something useful/helpful?

I’ve just posted an update here:

other topic that’s related

It is related, so I’m hoping some genius can come in and get things fixed.

Unfortunately there seems to be issues with memory and Piwik archiving, see the ticket at: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/766

If you have development expertise and can help find the issue, this would be great!