Are users more willing to use search or navigation menu to get to their target pages

Hi all,

I’m trying to figure out how many of our website visitors use the search or the navigation menu to get to their target pages.
Would be great if I could make a statement like 30% of website visitors use the internal search to look for things on our website. The other 70% navigate through the navigation menu.
How do I get the numbers out of matomo?

BR, Fabian

You could use some action dimension on the target page that defines if this result from a page search, a menu link, another internal link or even an external link.
Then for a specific page, just compare the number of hits for this dimension, and you’ll get the answer!

1 Like