I’m a newbie to Piwik so please bare with me. I am trying to setup archiving, but for some reason it is not working. Basically, we’re getting “no data” when using the “archiving” process for reporting as oppose to using the browser.
At this time, we only have a few low traffic sites on piwik but we need to add our corporate site which is very high traffic. The only way to we’ll be able to add our corporate site is to get the archving to work so it doesn’t bring down the piwik site.
Anwyhow, I’ve documented the settings pertaining to the archiving process on our piwik server on the file that I’ve attached.
By the way, piwik is running on a Windows server 2008, IIS7, php, and mysql.
Below is the link that I’m following to setup the archiving.
This is the result when run it through command line. Also, I have tried executing the “cacls c:\inetpub\wwwroot\piwik\tmp\cache…templates_c…tcpdf…assets…sessions /t /g domainuser:f” commands but no luck. The “calcs” command only works up to the c:\inetpub\wwwroot\piwik\tmp. The subfolders(screentshot04) …assets, cache,sessions,tcpdf, and templates_c give me an “access denied” error. Browsing these folder within windows shows that no local, built in and domain user has access to it(screenshot04). I can manually force my “domainuser” to have full control of these folders by taking ownership, but I’m not sure if this would break the piwik site. Are these folders protected by default? Just for clarity, the “domainuser” I am referencing is the user used by windows task scheduler to run the archive.php script. Furthermore, the “IUSR” iis 7 account that is used for authentication only has access to the c:\inetpub\wwwroot\piwik\tmp and no access to the subfolders on screenshot04. The same rights/permissions as my “domainuser”.
This was security permission issue as the folders under c:\inetpub\wwwroot\piwik\tmp are locked down. The domain user I was using to run the archiving task did not have any rights on these folders. However, I did break the piwik site a few times by changing the permissions on these folders, but as long as the “IUSR” iis account retains modify privileges, then the site should come back up. I hope this helps anyone who runs into the same or similar issue.