Archiving broken

I have a fresh installation of Piwik and the web interface is working just fine. The archiving script started by cron only sends me error messages though:

Notice: Undefined index:  SCRIPT_NAME in /.../.../.../piwik/core/Url.php on line 107

Backtrace -->#0  Piwik_ErrorHandler(8, Undefined index:  SCRIPT_NAME, /.../.../.../piwik/core/Url.php, 107, Array ([url] => )) called at [/.../.../.../piwik/core/Url.php:107]

#1  Piwik_Url::getCurrentScriptName() called at [/.../.../.../piwik/core/Url.php:43]

#2  Piwik_Url::getCurrentUrlWithoutQueryString() called at [/.../.../.../piwik/core/UpdateCheck.php:42]

#3  Piwik_UpdateCheck::check() called at [/.../.../.../piwik/plugins/CoreUpdater/CoreUpdater.php:70]

#4  Piwik_CoreUpdater->updateCheck(Piwik_Event_Notification Object ([_notificationName] => FrontController.checkForUpdates,[_notificationObject] => ,[_notificationInfo] => Array (),[_notificationState] => 0,[_notificationCount] => 0))

#5  call_user_func_array(Array ([0] => Piwik_CoreUpdater Object (),[1] => updateCheck), Array ([0] => Piwik_Event_Notification Object ([_notificationName] => FrontController.checkForUpdates,[_notificationObject] => ,[_notificationInfo] => Array (),[_notificationState] => 0,[_notificationCount] => 0))) called at [/.../.../.../piwik/libs/Event/Dispatcher.php:284]

#6  Event_Dispatcher->postNotification(Piwik_Event_Notification Object ([_notificationName] => FrontController.checkForUpdates,[_notificationObject] => ,[_notificationInfo] => Array (),[_notificationState] => 0,[_notificationCount] => 0), 1, ) called at [/.../.../.../piwik/core/PluginsManager.php:517]

#7  Piwik_PostEvent(FrontController.checkForUpdates) called at [/.../.../.../piwik/core/FrontController.php:249]

#8  Piwik_FrontController->init() called at [/.../.../.../piwik/index.php:58]

Manually calling the script on the command line looks like this:

$ /.../.../.../piwik/misc/cron/archive.sh
Starting Piwik archiving...

I don’t get the above error message but I don’t get any more output either.

I’d be thankful for any hints.

do you use Tomcat?
there was a bug earlier similar to this one, but we don’t have access to Tomcat to find a workaround: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/701

No, the web server used is lighttpd.

The difference between the call by cron and by myself made me think of a permission problem and indeed there is a user mudd1 and a user web-mudd1 with according groups. AFAIK the web server runs as web-mudd1 so files created by the piwik web interface are not owned by me and vice versa. I suspect very strongly that that’s what causes the problems. I’ll report back when I came up with a good solution in case someone else has such a setup.