Archive.sh never finishes?

OK so I have tried to track this down and I am just at a loss – Now this may fall under the category of just too much traffic for piwik. I set memory and timeouts to unlimited. I am using latest version of piwik. If I stop all logging and issue DELETE FROM piwik_log_visit WHERE idsite = 1; to mysql and run the archive script it runs fine. If I start the webserver for any amount of time then disable it again and run the archive script it will never complete. The first time I ran it it worked fine, and the only difference was that we had no goals defined. I setup one goal and re-ran and have never been able run the archive script again.

I am running

Linux 2.6.38-8-server #42-Ubuntu SMP x86_64 GNU/Linux
PHP 5.3.5-1 (cli)
Piwik 1.5.1

We have 500,000 to 750,000 visitors daily. Any tips or suggestions? I have tried everything in the FAQ, and searched for hours.

Thanks

750k visits per day is definitely more than would normally “just work” for Piwik. How many pages do you track? Other piwik power users are in: 301 Moved Permanently

Also, please contact me at matt att piwik.org so we can discuss your use case, thanks!