Since we have upgraded to v2 our visits and goals/visitors reports have not been reporting correctly. The dashboard on a particular website will show the correct information on the graph but record the wrong visitor numbers etc under visitors/goals the report shows the incorrect number of visitors etc.
We are running a archive cron job which appears to be the cause of this, we have turned it off and deleted the piwik_archive_blob_2014_01 and piwik_archive_numeric_2014_01 tables. And then get the tables recreated by turning off the cron job and allowing piwik to trigger the archiving through the report option.
When this is done our dashboard and visitor number etc return correct, but as soon as the cron job is restarted it appears to corrupt the data again and we go back to misreporting the data.
Any suggestions pls, running through the browser to force the archive is very slow.
Secondly we are on shared hosting with webhostinghub which has as default PHP version > 5.3.2. We are able to change that via the .htaccess file, which we have done. Now reporting that we are using PHP Version 5.5.7. However piwik is still recording that we are using 5.3.2.
Is it not able to see the updated version being controlled through the .htaccess file? We have run a phpcheck file on the folder where piwik is stored and it is reporting back as 5.5.7 but not piwik.
Are you using Piwik 2.0.2 ? the bug with the “missing data” was fixed there so Id like to know if you experience this same one or a new one
Hi Matt, yes updated to 2.0.2
Wait for some days and if the “random” problem occurs again please post here as much details. thanks
Hi Matt, will do, but it wasn’t random, as soon as we turned on the cron job it would corrupt the data. We are still running via the browser at the moment and the data is reporting ok.
We have left for a number of days using Allow Piwik archiving to trigger when reports are viewed from the browser. Which works fine however very slow to load.
Reloaded the cron job using the following
php -q /home/-----/public_html/-----/analytics/piwik/misc/cron/archive.php — url=http://-----/analytics/piwik/ > /home/-----/piwik-archive-output.log
which worked for the first couple of hours and then fell over again. Deleted piwik_archive_numeric_2014_01 and piwik_archive_blob_2014_01 and reloaded. This time with allowing piwik to archive turned off, and the same corrupted data was reported with the only table to be recreated being piwik_archive_numeric_2014_01.
Then enabled archiving to be triggered again using the browser and it repaired the database and reported correctly. The email error that we are getting is
Error in the last Piwik archive.php run:
Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away